7 Easy steps to Inspecting your Roof in Tulsa, Oklahoma
Blacksmith Roofing & Construction are certified roofers in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Offering both roofing and construction, Blacksmith Roofing is a family-owned business that wants to help serve your family by building a reliable and sturdy home.
When was the last time you inspected your roof?
Honestly, when it’s time to perform your own home maintenance, it can be easy to overlook your roof. And you’re not the only one! The two most common causes of water damage in the home come from flooded basements and leaky roofs. With our weather and climate, you should have a roof inspection done at least twice a year and after every storm, tornado, or severe weather event. You don’t always have to call a Tulsa roofing professional to inspect the roof, this is a 7-step DIY task that’s simple, quick, and cost-efficient.
- Walk around your home’s exterior, inspecting the roof from the ground for signs of damage, sagging, and aging. Take notes of any possible problem areas or areas in need of closer inspection.
- Identify areas with moss, algae, and piles of leaves – these areas are notorious for causing costly leaks and water damage.
- Keep your eye out for buckled and curled shingles! Hot air from attics often causes shingles to buckle and curl away from the home, putting your roof and home at great risk for weather damage and poor roof ventilation.
- Look for missing, damaged, and aged shingles – this is the leading cause of roof damage. When you take the time to inspect your roof, you can catch minor issues like these before they turn into major issues followed by serious damage. Missing shingles = direct exposure to inclement weather, plus, they are an eyesore!
- It is so important to clean your gutters and roof overhangs and maintain your downspouts! As you’re performing these essential tasks, make note of open joins and signs of rot, as those are typical indicators of larger issues.
- Look closely for granule loss (texture on shingles). Granule loss indicates that shingles have aged or have been affected by severe weather, and are no longer protecting your home against damaging storms. If your shingles don’t have a texture on them anymore, replace them!
- Does your home have an attic? If not, skip this step! If your home does have an attic, look for signs of water penetration under the roof.
Do you See Damage?
36 E Cameron St
Tulsa, OK 74103
HoursMonday: 8AM – 7PMTuesday: 8 AM – 7 PMWednesday: 8 AM – 7 PMThursday: 8 AM – 7 PMFriday: 8 AM – 7 PMSaturday: ClosedSunday: Closed
Our Tulsa Roofer Review Sites
Roofers in Tulsa, OK – Proudly Serving
Broken Arrow, Tulsa, Jenks, Owasso, and Bixby